Vespa Motorcycle Price List in the Philippines January 2018
Latest News about Vespa Motorcycle
The world's most iconic scooter brand, Vespa, is finally going electric. Read more
Latest Reviews for Vespa Motorcycle
Sa kagustuhan ko mag karoon ng motor ng talagang para lang sa akin lang ay nakita ko tong Vespa LX150ie wow napa ka ganda nga naman. Ito na lnag binili ko dahil naiingit talaga ako sa mga friends ko ...Read more
- Rating : 5.0
- Review by Sunshine Dimagiba
- Date : Aug 18, 2015
About Vespa Motorcycle
Vespa is willing to expand their products in Philippines
Vespa is an Italian brand of motorcycles and scooters that is manufactured by Piaggio. It was first developed as a single model scooter motor by Piaggio and Co. and soon after a couple of years; it became a very popular brand. Today it has a long chain of motor vehicles, and is a part of 7 different companies under Piaggio. Vespa motor vehicles have their unique identity in the motor world. It is marked by a pressed steel outer layout, with a single body arrangement and painted sides. The engine is located in a single enclosure, with advanced foot protection. Its floorboards are located just under the engine mechanism, with a flat structure protecting it. This complete setup has been the trademark of most Vespa scooters since it was engineered for the first time.
Vespa was originally developed in early 1946 by Piaggio and Co. in Italy as a single model of scooters. It has its headquarters in Pontedera, Italy. Rinaldo Piaggio is the named funder of Vespa scooters, even though the main credit for its development goes to his son, Enrico Piaggio. After the 2nd World War, this company decided to get in to foot vehicles instead of aeronautics. The main idea behind developing this line of scooters was to provide quality as well as affordable vehicles for the public. The concept design for this Vespa line of motor vehicles was derived from Cushman Scooters. Those scooters were made before World War II, in Nebraska, USA. They served as field transport vehicles for a number of para troops and Marines, in order to navigate through Nazi defence tactics in the Austrian border region.
Even though Vespa motor vehicles did not actually originate even close to Philippines, its popularity is pretty good in these areas. There are 2 factors that go in that result. What are those factors? Let’s have a look.
- Vespa opened a local subsidiary in Indonesia as well as Taiwan. This allowed them to market their products on a large scale in these South Asian countries. Thus, the Filipino markets saw the advent of Vespa scooters quite early. This actually helped the company to create a good sales pitch in Philippines, along with a complete marketing scheme.
- Due to its origins, Vespa scooters have been always aimed at simplicity and modesty. Thus, they are priced quite low as compare to its counterparts. Due to the modest pricing of these vehicles, this company became very popular within the Filipino community in a short duration of time. This is yet another reason for their immense popularity in Philippines in spite of being a foreign brand.
Some Vespa products are quite popular. Having said that, these motor vehicles have been at the very top of bestselling scooters for quite a long time now. So, let’s look at those products which are popular in the Filipino community.
- LX150ie – This model offers single cylinder 4 stroke Hi-PER4 engine, with 11.66 HP max power as well as 8.5 lbs. feet of max torque. Its top speed goes up to 95 km/h with a SOHC valve design and EFI fuel injection technology. It looks pretty attractive, with multiple colour options as well.
- S150ie – This model features Leader engine with single cylinder and 4 stroke SOHC configuration. Its air cooled and chain driven lubrication system makes it very smooth to drive, with a sturdy load bearing steel chassis design. Its max power output remains 11.6 HP with 8.5 lbs. feet max torque.
- GTV300ie – This vehicle offers much better design and power, with single cylinder 4 stroke SOHC engine and 278cc displacement spec. Its max power ranges till 21.19 HP, with a max torque of 16.4 lbs. feet @ 5000 RPM.
- GTS300ie – Yet another popular product from Vespa, this model features single cylinder SOHC 4 stroke engine with 22 HP max power as well as 16.4 lbs. feet of max torque. Top speed of vehicle goes up to 128.8 km/h.