Microsoft Lumia Mobile Phones Price List in Philippines March 2017
Latest Mobile Phones Vouchers & Coupon Codes
Fan of umi brand? Check these SALE items and get your new umi smartphone at a lower price. Hurry and buy now!Expires: ongoingGet Deal
Trade your old wired headphones to JBL E45BT or E55BT Bluetooth headset with PHP 1000 OFF discount. Purchase yours now!Expires: April 15, 2017Get Deal
Fan of ulefone brand? Get your favorite ulefone smartphone at very low price now!Expires: ongoingGet Deal
Latest News about Microsoft Lumia
Microsoft is clearing Lumia inventory and allegedly stopping production of the line altogether. Read more
Microsoft, in their SEC filings, disclosed their total number of Lumia handsets sold so far for the fiscal year. It showed that they were only able to sell 1.2 million Lumia handsets. Read more
Latest Reviews for Microsoft Lumia
As Android user this phone is shit to me it is not user friendly The interface is boring. Just plane black text and white background or vice versa It can't share anything without Internet so what is ...Read more
- Rating : 3.0
- Review by れがらりよ あんとにお
- Date : Dec 19, 2016
Latest Topics for Microsoft Lumia
For sale! Rush! Current lp is 6240php pero bebenta ko nlng 6000. Good as brand new actually ginamit ko to to try how it works, kaso di sanay lol. No issue no dents no effects makinis pa. With complete package box earphone charger. Kindly pm nlng po sa ... Read more
- Last updated : Nov 25, 2016
- Posted by Calvin
- Replies of This topic : 7 Replies
About Microsoft Lumia
Microsoft Lumia improves their inventory in the Philippines
Microsoft Lumia is a series of smart phones operating with Windows Phone operating system. The brand was previously named as Nokia Lumia, but in 2014 Microsoft Mobile purchased it and renamed it as Microsoft Lumia. Even though the brand was not named the same before, its products have not been altered as of yet, and they follow the same lineup of products even after the shift of ownership. All handsets are touch based smart phones, and they form the primary figurehead in Windows Phone based smart phones.
The Lumia series of smart phones was first introduced by Nokia in 2011. They partnered with Microsoft to bring forward a successful line of Windows Phone OS operating smart phones. However, in 2013 Microsoft announced that they have purchased Nokia’s line of smart phones, and thus formed the new Microsoft Mobile brand to take care of the Lumia series. Microsoft Lumia 535 was the very first device which had a non Nokia branding behind its back cover. It was first released on a global scale in November 2014, followed by an expansive release by early 2015. Still, the oldest device produced by this brand remains Lumia 800 which was released in November 2011 and operated under Windows Phone OS version 7.5.
Some of the common features in this series of smart phones include:
- The form factor in all Lumia devices is that of a bar. Even though this brand has produced some “phablets” but the overall structure remains constant in all devices.
- All devices use only Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Its Windows Phone OS is only compatible with a Snapdragon processor.
- All devices are touch screen based smart phones.
- This series is very well known to release multiple updates over time, which contain a combination of firmware and software upgrades. These upgrades bring about imaging improvements, along with tech support and bug fixes.
Popular Models in the Philippines
- 535 Dual SIM – This is the 3rd generation Lumia model which operates on Windows Phone 8.1 OS. A single SIM variant is also available for this model. It runs on 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with Adreno 302 GPU. Its RAM is 1 GB with 8 GB of internal storage. Display consists of 5 inch IPS LCD screen with 540 x 960 resolution and 220 ppi density.
- 640 XL LTE Dual SIM – Microsoft offers LTE connectivity with this model. It runs on Windows Phone OS 8.1 with and additional Denim update. It has 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory. The XL variant has larger display – with a 5.7 inch IPS LCD screen with 1280 x 768 HD resolution and 258 ppi density.
- 540 Dual SIM – This is the latest model from this series as it was made available in April 2015. It runs on 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with Adreno 302 GPU. It has 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage. A 5 inch IPS HD screen is available with 1280 x 768 resolution and 8 MP primary camera.
- 435 – This is a mid-range slate variant from Microsoft. It runs on Windows Phone 8.1 Denim update, with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage. A Qualcomm Snapdragon processor serves as its CPU with Adreno graphics. It has a multi-touch capacitive touch screen interface for data input, along with a 4 inch TFT LCD screen with 480 x 800 pixel resolution. A primary camera of 2 MP is present, with a secondary 0.3 MP VGA camera.
Reason for Popularity
The Filipino market has really taken quite fond of this series of smart phones. Even though Android OS smart phones have taken over the global market, but Windows Phone has its own charm. It is subtle with its minimalistic design interface, and it has certainly garnered quite a favorable user base in Philippines. So, as various features develop in the future, Microsoft will certainly gain a huge growth in their market share in the Philippines.