Nokia Lumia Mobile Phones Price List - Prices in Philippines
Latest Reviews for Nokia Lumia
[Good] Design- The design is so unique very simple and I love it. Portability- It is very handy and because of its size and the weight is balance to my palms Operability is superb. Display- The ...Read more
- Rating : 4.4
- Review by Tonn Ti
- Date : Dec 8, 2015
Latest Topics for Nokia Lumia
This phone is windows right? i made power point in this phone and i want it to transfer in my flash drive or in my laptop but i cant do it there are cho cho something that will pop up every time i transfer it,so my question is how to transfer Microsoft ... Read more
- Last updated : Jan 19, 2016
- Posted by Delfred Antonio
- Replies of This topic : 3 Replies
About Nokia Lumia
First introduced in November 2011, the Nokia Lumia handset series is actually the resulting product of the collaboration between Nokia and Microsoft. This is why all handsets under this collection run on Windows Phone operating system. The series’ name is obtained from word "lumi" which is "snow" in Finnish. In 2013, Microsoft made an announcement that it will be acquiring Nokia’s handphone business, which includes rights to its Asha and Lumia brands.
Popularity in the Philippines
For Filipinos who are looking for something a bit more different but can still rely on their mobile handsets, the Nokia Lumia series looks very promising. Its introduction in the local market is somewhat met with lukewarm reception since many customers have fallen out of love with the Nokia brand. But things rapidly changed when the units were released and more and more consumers are considering a Lumia when in the market for a smartphone. Of course, it helps that they are slightly more affordable than the other mid and high end level phones from other top brands and the great design and superior performance certainly help. Units are priced from P7500 to P31000.
The Nokia Lumia series boasts of amazing photos and innovative wireless technology that allows users to charge their phones without plugging. It also has the exclusive and distinct Live Tiles which shows users what is happening right now.
The Lumia collection has 10 models released in the Philippines to date. Among the most popular are the following:
- Nokia Lumia 1520 – be impressed with the 6 inch Clear Black IPS LCD display, 4G LTE connectivity and 20MP camera. The handset is also available in Red, Yellow, Black and White cover colors and comes with 32 GB + 7GB in SkyDrive and MicroSD slot for up to 64GB.
- Nokia Lumia 1020 – with a 4.5 inch ClearBlack AMOLED PureMotion+ display and 41MP Pureview, Zeiss Lens camera and 32 GB memory, this handset is worth every penny. You will love how it captures special moments thanks to the camera sensor and Nokia Pro Camera.
- Nokia Lumia 925 – this unit comes with an 8.7MP camera with PureView technology, 6 actual lenses and Carl Zeiss optics. For these features, you can take pictures in low light and have amazing photos. The phone also has a 4.5 inch HD display and lightweight aluminium casing in different colors. The device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.3 GHz dual-core processor.
- Nokia Lumia 920 – this model is considered to be the most innovative of all Lumias with its unibody design. Its camera comes with optical image stabilisation which results to blur-free cameras even when the unit moved or subject is in low light. The 4.5 inch HD display boasts of a sensitive touchscreen, thanks to the PureMotion technology. For these features, it was named the Reader’s Choice Smartphone of the Year in the Engadget Awards 2012.
- Nokia Lumia 820 – users will not be able to resist the colorful and not to mention, wireless charging shells that these devices come in. Handset also features Carl Zeiss lens on its 8.7MP camera.
The simple fact that the Lumia smartphones are made by one of the pioneer in the industry is certainly a huge plus. A lot of customers are also comfortable with the user interface and does not have much of a learning curve which is certainly a good thing especially for first time smartphone users. The cameras are also impressive.
The small difference in price with the leading smartphone brands like Samsung and Apple is certainly a turn off for some as well as the fact they are not Android-based. The display is also not as clear as you would expect it to be for some of the models. But if you are looking to try a Windows phone, the Nokia Lumia should be your top choice.
Things are certainly getting better for Nokia Lumia especially with the recent announcement that is seeded is Lumia Black update starting with the Lumia 925 and Lumia 1020. This move brought a bevy of new features and app updates as well as imaging improvements. You can also expect the overall image quality to be more refined particularly on the Lumia 1020 which boasts of the 41 MP PureView camera. For those who are interested in this Lumia model, you are certainly in for a nice treat.