HTC Desire Mobile Phones Price List in Philippines July 2016
Latest News about HTC Desire
HTC, according to rumors, is planning to release a low-cost alternative device to the HTC 10, the HTC Desire 10. Can it turn around HTC's misfortunes? Read more
HTC has announced the 4.5-inch size of a new smartphone named "Desire 326G" in India. Read more
Latest Reviews for HTC Desire
[Good] Easy to use. Efficiency on battery use Mahirap gamitin lalo na kapag newbie kalang. Malakas ang speaker. Widely range and clear front and back camera. Wide screen. Good display of graphics and ...Read more
- Rating : 3.0
- Review by Glyn Clorina
- Date : Feb 5, 2016
the good thing about this phone is if you are into selfies the desire eye is for you it has 13 megapixel camera back and front with flash as well perfect for selfies and taking precious moment, with ...Read more
- Rating : 4.3
- Review by Vincent Go
- Date : Nov 4, 2015
Latest Topics for HTC Desire
Good morning po, How to back up reset this HTC Desire cp? I wanted to reset this phone since it hang and the server is too slow and the system is not good already Please reply my message here, Thank you so much..
- Last updated : Feb 22, 2015
- Posted by Ernesto Gumaca
- Replies of This topic : 0 Replies
About HTC Desire
HTC Desire offers brand new models for the Philippines
HTC has multiple series for their Android smart phone users. Among these series, only the HTC One and HTC Desire series have become immensely popular on a global scale. These products are extremely affordable in price, and they are all touch screen based. The sizes of various handsets in this series differ from one another, but the common attribute that binds them together is the fact that they are all sized in slate form one way or the other.
History of the series
HTC first started making its Desire series of smart phones way back in 2010. Their 2010 lineup consisted of 3 different models, starting with the inaugural HTC Desire handset, and followed by Desire HD and Desire Z. These models used Android version 2.1 Éclairs OS, with HTC Sense UI. All these smart phones were pretty similar to each other, but the HD variant featured a larger screen with high resolution graphics and the Z variant offered a sliding QWERTY keypad.
Their follow up to these handsets consisted of just a single model for the 2011 line up. It was a better variant of the original model, named as Desire S. The main boost in production came in 2012 for this series when HTC decided to go full out with this brand – making 8 different models for 2012’s line up. These models were Desire C, Desire V – and its multiple variants: VC and VT, Desire X, SV, Desire 400 and its Chinese variant: SU. 2013 and 2014 were impressive years for this series of smart phones. Several notable models came out, including very popular ones such as HTC Desire 600 and 601, which offered dual SIM and LTE functionality. Desire Eye was released in 2014 as well with high end flag ship specifications, along with 816 which was the first "phablet" in this series.
- This series primarily consists of Android smart phones, ranging from version 2.1 Éclairs OS, up to version 4.4.2 Kit Kat. HTC has also decided in recent updates to roll out Android version 5.0 Lollipop to new models.
- These models generally use Snapdragon processors with ARM Cortex CPU and Adreno GPU. Exceptions were Desire 310 and 616, which used MediaTek processors with Mali GPUs.
- Display units have improved in size and resolution over time, but it always came with Corning Gorilla Glass support.
- 4G LTE connectivity is available in 4 models in this series: 601, 610, 620 and 816.
- Camera resolution generally stayed between 5 to 8 MP, with 816 providing 13 MP among its flag ship specs.
Popular Models in the Philippines
- Desire V – This Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich dual SIM operated handset was Philippines’ favorite for a long time. It operated on a 1.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with Adreno 200 GPU. It had 512 MB RAM with 4 GB internal storage and external micro SD support.
- 816 – This is the 1st phablet in HTC’s repertoire. It operates on HTC Sense 6 with a 1.6 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and Android version 4.4.2 Kit Kat. It has a 5.5 inch 720 p display unit with 267 ppi pixel density and Adreno 305 GPU. Its RAM is 1.5 GB with 8 GB internal memory. Primary camera is 13 MP with a 5 MP front camera.
- Desire X – This model operates on Android OS version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, but can be upgraded to version 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OS. It has a 4.0 inch WVGA screen with 233 ppi density. It runs on 1 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play processor with Adreno 203 GPU. RAM availability is around 768 MB with an internal memory of 4 GB.
Reason for Popularity
The primary reason for HTC Desire’s popularity in Philippines is due to its expansive range of models. This series caters to all kinds of users, and is not limited to producing a bunch of high end models. So, all types of users can use these models with ease.