Latest reviews in the Mobile Phones
Matibay yung screen nito kasi nakabalot ng glass so no need to put protector for LCD screen nito, sa gamit naman nakaka internet din naman ako, so sulit na yung presyo sa quality at sa usability ng ...Read more
- Rating : 3.3
- Review by Poter Hali
- Date : Nov 7, 2014
[Good] it is easy to use and hide.. it is compact and user friendly.. it has a very reliable touch pad system.. it has fast internet connection.. it is cool for avid apps player..it is also usefull ...Read more
- Rating : 4.4
- Review by Mitz Arnaiz
- Date : Nov 7, 2014
[Good] Wala k nanh hhanapin pa Worth it saka hindi ka mag sisisi pag nawala di tulad ng branded pag nawala iyak tawa . dito . kahit mawala . bili k nlng ulit ng bago .. Hahaha [Bad]wala namang bad ...Read more
- Rating : 3.0
- Review by Joseph Cipriano
- Date : Oct 9, 2014
About Cherry Mobile
Cherry Mobile History
Cherry Mobile was established by Maynard Ngu in 2008. It was operated by Cosmic Technologies Incorporated, that is such as a Filipino mobile phone and electronics company. The most of famous and popular mobile phones in Philippines were Nokia once. Of course it is still one of the most popular mobile brands and because the second hand market's condition is successfulness in Philippines, the Nokia products would trade expensive. The Nokia sales hovered around low and low in these years and it started from 2000. At that time, Cherry Mobile came out in Philippines and it sold four kinds of mobiles. Some mobile parts are manufactured in China. And it got the prize of "IT Company of the Year" in Philippines. The Android Smart phone also developed as well, and its price range is from PHP 5000 to PHP 14000. The low price feature phone is about PHP 800 with dual SIM.
Official Stores in Philippines
There are over 80 company stores in Philippines. There are a big amount of online stores and many people saying that it's very convenient to check the price. But when the people buy the products, many people demand to buy physical shop because of a sense of security and warranty.
Popularity in Philippines
Most of Cherry Mobile Phone has Dual SIM function and a lot of Philipinos use several SIM for a person so that everyone likes Cherry Mobile so much. And also its design and function are as good as the other makers.
Especially the new mobile phone like Cherry Mobile, its popularity spread among the young people. And the Cherry Mobile company released the phone like Android OS, and there are not big difference between Cherry Mobile and the other foreign makers about its design and the functions. Plus, Cherry Mobile products are much cheaper than the other foreign makers.
On March 2013, Cherry Mobile introduced two new cool and stylish smartphones which are OMEGA HD and Quad-Core Smartphone FLAME 2.0 OMEGA HD camera has panorama shooting and self-timer with touch focus, color effects, and so on. It has also dual-SIM and dual-standby that most of pinoy needed. FLAME OMEGA HD SRP Php. 7999 and FLAME 2.0 SRP Php.6999 are now available at all Cherry Mobile stores.
There is also poplar phone named "P1". This phone is for the children but many young people also like it because the function is so simple and easy to use, plus the design is also cute. It doesn't seem like Kids Mobile like in Japan. There are neither GPS nor alarm for the security. The feature phone of Cherry Mobile based with Media Tek. The Cherry Mobile develops its own company only in Philippines now, but it is a good match for foreign countries market as well.
Cherry Mobile Products Categories in Philippines
Manufactured by the Filipino mobile phone and electronics company, Cherry Mobile, the Cosmos series is a collection of quad core Android phones with 18MP BSI camera. The line is aggregated under the Smart Social category of phones.
Popularity in the Philippines
Cherry Mobile continues to deliver on its promise to the Filipinos that it will provide them with cheaper alternatives. Once again, they made true on their promise with the Cosmos series. Launched in 2013, the timing could not have been more perfect with more and more Filipinos looking to buy Android smartphones which are priced much lower than those offered by top brands such as Samsung and Apple. It was also a smart move for the company to launch the models in the series simultaneously as it allowed more choices for the consumers.
The Cosmos collection is comprised of 4 models: X, X2, S and Z. Cosmos Z and S run on 1.5GHz quad core processors while the defining feature of the Cosmos X and X2 is the Super AMOLED screen. Official specs for the models below:
- Cherry Mobile Cosmos X – the smartphone runs on 1.2GHz Quad Core Media Tek Processor and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean processor. It has a 4.7 inch Super AMOLED High definition display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Scratch resistant screen. Other features include 18MP Autofocus main camera with LED Flash and BSI, 8MP Autofocus Front Camera, 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage (expandable up to 32GB via the microSD slot), DualSIM/Dual Standby capability, WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 1800mAh battery. It is initially priced at P9999.
- Cosmos X2 – this variant also boast of the 1.2GHz quad core Media Tek processor and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. It has a slightly larger screen at 4.8 inches with Super AMOLED HD Display and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Scratch Resistant screen, 18MP AutoFocus Main Camera with LED Flash and BSI, 5MP front camera, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal Storage expandable up to 32Gb via the microSD slot, Dual SIM/Dual Standby, WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 2200mAh battery. The initial SRP is P11699.
- Cosmos S – with a much larger HD IPS Display of 5 inches, this model joins the large screen revolution which is fast becoming the norm in the local market. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS and 1.5GHZ Quad Core MediaTek processor. It features an 8MP front camera and 18MP main camera with LED flash and BSI as well as 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage but no micro SD slot. Also, it can only accommodate a single SIM. Other features include WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 2500mAh non-removable battery. Initially sold at P10999.
- Cosmos Z – the last model to complete the collection. It boasts of 1.5GHz quad core Media Tek Processor, 5 inch Full HD IPS Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Scratch Resistant and 18MP main camera with LED Flash and BSI. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and comes with a 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB via the microSD slot. Other features include DualSIM/Dual Standby capability, WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 1800mAh battery. Suggested retail price during its launch was P11999.
For the practical Filipino, the Cosmos collection gives them an opportunity to enjoy the Android world at a price they could very easily afford. The best thing is the company did not skimp on the features as each of the models was loaded with excellent specs. The smartphones were also solidly built and looks as stylish as the other top brands. Of course, the fact they are Filipino-made brings a sense of pride to the buyer.
You certainly get what you paid for with these Cosmos model so better make sure you do not really have high expectations. They are fast enough and reliable enough to spend money on but some consumers might want to look elsewhere even if it means paying for more. In short, the Android phones are "okay" and would probably be enough to get by on.
Brands/Series for Mobile Phones
- Cherry Mobile
- SKK mobile
- ARC Mobile
- ZH&K Mobile
- cd-r king
- BS MOBILE
- G Smart
- ONE PLUS
- MY VIEW