Cherry Mobile Cosmos Mobile Phones Price List - Prices in Philippines
Latest Reviews for Cherry Mobile Cosmos
Latest Topics for Cherry Mobile Cosmos
Step 1. Turn off your phone Step 2. Press and hold volume up + power button + put any of your finger to the home logo. Step 3. Remove it when the "Touch HD" logo appear . Step 4. When the recovery firmware appear, press volume down to select the "factory ... Read more
- Last updated : Apr 12, 2016
- Posted by John Vincent C. Cabizares
- Replies of This topic : 2 Replies
About Cherry Mobile Cosmos
Manufactured by the Filipino mobile phone and electronics company, Cherry Mobile, the Cosmos series is a collection of quad core Android phones with 18MP BSI camera. The line is aggregated under the Smart Social category of phones.
Popularity in the Philippines
Cherry Mobile continues to deliver on its promise to the Filipinos that it will provide them with cheaper alternatives. Once again, they made true on their promise with the Cosmos series. Launched in 2013, the timing could not have been more perfect with more and more Filipinos looking to buy Android smartphones which are priced much lower than those offered by top brands such as Samsung and Apple. It was also a smart move for the company to launch the models in the series simultaneously as it allowed more choices for the consumers.
The Cosmos collection is comprised of 4 models: X, X2, S and Z. Cosmos Z and S run on 1.5GHz quad core processors while the defining feature of the Cosmos X and X2 is the Super AMOLED screen. Official specs for the models below:
- Cherry Mobile Cosmos X – the smartphone runs on 1.2GHz Quad Core Media Tek Processor and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean processor. It has a 4.7 inch Super AMOLED High definition display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Scratch resistant screen. Other features include 18MP Autofocus main camera with LED Flash and BSI, 8MP Autofocus Front Camera, 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage (expandable up to 32GB via the microSD slot), DualSIM/Dual Standby capability, WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 1800mAh battery. It is initially priced at P9999.
- Cosmos X2 – this variant also boast of the 1.2GHz quad core Media Tek processor and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. It has a slightly larger screen at 4.8 inches with Super AMOLED HD Display and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Scratch Resistant screen, 18MP AutoFocus Main Camera with LED Flash and BSI, 5MP front camera, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal Storage expandable up to 32Gb via the microSD slot, Dual SIM/Dual Standby, WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 2200mAh battery. The initial SRP is P11699.
- Cosmos S – with a much larger HD IPS Display of 5 inches, this model joins the large screen revolution which is fast becoming the norm in the local market. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS and 1.5GHZ Quad Core MediaTek processor. It features an 8MP front camera and 18MP main camera with LED flash and BSI as well as 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage but no micro SD slot. Also, it can only accommodate a single SIM. Other features include WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 2500mAh non-removable battery. Initially sold at P10999.
- Cosmos Z – the last model to complete the collection. It boasts of 1.5GHz quad core Media Tek Processor, 5 inch Full HD IPS Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Scratch Resistant and 18MP main camera with LED Flash and BSI. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and comes with a 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB via the microSD slot. Other features include DualSIM/Dual Standby capability, WiFi/WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and 1800mAh battery. Suggested retail price during its launch was P11999.
For the practical Filipino, the Cosmos collection gives them an opportunity to enjoy the Android world at a price they could very easily afford. The best thing is the company did not skimp on the features as each of the models was loaded with excellent specs. The smartphones were also solidly built and looks as stylish as the other top brands. Of course, the fact they are Filipino-made brings a sense of pride to the buyer.
You certainly get what you paid for with these Cosmos model so better make sure you do not really have high expectations. They are fast enough and reliable enough to spend money on but some consumers might want to look elsewhere even if it means paying for more. In short, the Android phones are "okay" and would probably be enough to get by on.