Latest reviews in the Laptops
[GooD) portable, light in weight, can handle basic programs for jobs on the move, many usb ports, it recognizes accesories fast like headset, keyboard and wired coonections. [Bad] sometimes ports ...Read more
- Rating : 3.8
- Review by email@example.com
- Date : Feb 27, 2015
[Good] I Bought this laptop as second hand, which means that the laptop is almost a year old before it fell into my hands. But surprisingly enough though it impresses me a lot for a surplus item. My ...Read more
- Rating : 4.3
- Review by Mark Manzano
- Date : Feb 23, 2015
Less than 15K you have already acer notebook laptop, the cheapest and the simplest laptop, honestly I just used it for Microsoft office , making power points and excel , because the speed of this ...Read more
- Rating : 2.8
- Review by Gf.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date : Feb 15, 2015
Good evening , Guys help naman ako kung pano maghanap ng matinong laptop yung matibay at sagana sa internet capacity yung hindi nag hahang,? may ma rerecommend ba kayo na laptop na ganun para hindi naman sayang yung money ko,,.salamat ng marami sa inyo
- Last updated : Feb 12, 2015
- Posted by Alj Chua
- Replies of This topic : 1 Replies
No dvd drive, so I need to buy new external drive, but I'm not sure if there is required format or any forms of external drive, Is the external drive has the same format? Is this compatible to all laptop?
- Last updated : Feb 8, 2015
- Posted by Toffer Reyes
- Replies of This topic : 1 Replies
History of Acer
Acer Inc. is a Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation that was founded in Taiwan in 1976. And then Stan Shih and his wife Varolyn Yeh, and a group of five others founded Acer in 1976, which headquartered in Hsinchu City, Taiwan. About 80 years ago, on 1 April 1930, Ken Cunningham, the inaugural chief executive and secretary Mary Campbell, founded the very first office of Acer in two rooms of T&G building on the corner of the Collins and Russell Streets in central Melbourne. At the first, they have only eleven employees in the tiny office but now Acer has more than 300 employees working in offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Dubai and Delhi. It is originally located in Collins Street, Melbourne until 1958, but then they moved in Lonsdale Street, where the company moved eight kilometers from central Melbourne to Hawthorn in 1963, then they moved in nearby Camberwell in 1994. This was able to be a second Camberwell office on Camberwell Road.
Acer’s products include desktops, laptops, tablet computers, servers, storage devices, displays, monitors, smartphones and peripherals. Acer is not so famous in the Unites States and not so many people have heard of its name but still, it is one of the largest computer manufactures in the world as well as in terms of sales.
In the beginning, Acer did not deal with computers that the things known for today, but it started as a distributor of electronic parts. After Acer purchased of Texas Instruments Laptop division, they began to grow larger and larger and this made their laptop market shortly expanded. In 1990s, Acer created their multinational brand because their sales and profits have declined. Although, the period of 1994 to 1995 was the brilliant term for Acer that they have beaten Hwelett-Packard, Toshiba and Dell in the industry at that time. They recorded of 3.2 billion dollers in 1994 with the web income of 205 million dollars. And as it mentioned before, because Acer have purchased the mobile PC division of Texas Instruments, they became the top brand in South Africa, Mexico, Thailand, Philippines, and some of other smerging markets in the late1998.
By declining their sales, they revised their business model in early 2000 including their design, development, and marketing of products. And they also changed the strategy, which was they focused on “channel” to approach to distribution by encouraging a closer working relationship with distributors. They thought that it’s rather than sales from individual consumers, they decided to help dealers and distributors. And by 2003, Acer was able to surpass Toshiba and NEC to become the world’s fifth largest manufacturer of PCs with 4.6 billion dollars in sales. And it got the second spot from the top in PC brand sales in Europe in 2004.
The Acer Group is made of three brands which are Acer, Gateway, and Packard Bell. This is one of the strategies to targets different customer needs in the global PC markets by their individual view. Acer mainly producing notebook and desktop PCs, servers, storage, LCD monitors, projectors, smartphones and tablets. They also designs environmentally products and established a green supply chain. Aspire series, the sub-brands focused on the series of TravelMate and Veriton series for consumers. Gateway was acquired by Acer which was based on Taiwan. Gateway was founded in 1985 by Ted Waitt, who was in Iowa farmhouse. Packard Bell brand was born in 1926, which brand was pretty rare. This brand got revolution because of the elegant design, and the first Packard Bell television had launched in 1948. In 1987, Packard Bell started to enter the personal computer market and they pioneered the use of the PC in the house, taking an office tool and this helping continued to nowadays. People are pretty addicted to its stylish design with cool features.
Acer Philippines have launched the Iconia W3, and here is the specification of it. They have eight inches big of display tablet and running a dual-core Intel Atom processor. The Iconia W3 will be available to Smart, such as subscribers and corporate, and it is already in retail stores. The display is LCD 180x800 pixels, Intel Atom Z2760 with 1.8GHz speed, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 32 and 64GB internal storage memory. They have network of WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and the rear camera with 2 mega pixels and front-facing camera with 2 mega pixels. And they have micro-HDMI port, micro-USB 2.0port and Bluetooth 4.0 and its operating system is Windows 8 and the battery type is Li-Ion 6800mAh. Acer Iconia W3 has a suggested retail price of Php19,900 according to the site of here. Click here to the link
Acer Products Categories in Philippines
From the Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation, Acer is the Aspire series of laptop computers designed for use for home or work. First introduced in 1999, the series became one of the company’s main laptop series.
Popularity in the Philippines
With more and more local consumers opting for mobility in their personal computing needs, the competition amongst notebook manufacturers has become quite tough. Acer Aspire series managed to hold on to their spot as one of the trusted name in the business by delivering products which are affordable yet offer excellent performance.
As of 2014, there are 8 series under the Acer Aspire collection:
- Aspire S7 – this series of notebooks feature aluminium body with Gorilla Glass 2 which make for a lightweight and slender yet tough computer. It also boasts of a WQHD touch display which can be opened up to 180 degrees, making it easy to share your screen. Other impressive features include Intel Wireless Display connectivity and Purified Voice technology as well as 2nd generation Acer TwinAir cooling.
- Aspire S3 – the cutting edge design of the notebooks under this series makes its stand out from the rest. They also come with aluminium case, Acer TwinAir cooling technology, 4th generation Intel Core processor, NVIDIA, GeForce graphics and Intel Smart Connect technology.
- Aspire V3- perfect for work or play, the notebooks in this series come with 4th generation Intel Core processing, NVIDIA GeForce graphics, 2GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, Acer ZoomPerfect touchpad and 17.3 Full HD display with Dolby Digital Plus Home Theatre sound and Blu-ray Disc Drive. The computers also feature an optional second hard drive and up to 32GB of DDR3 memory. You can even utilise the Acer Cloud for more storage options.
- Aspire V5 – this series feature more elegant and thinner notebooks with varied screen sizes and body colour to suit your preferences. The laptops come with Full HD display with IPS technology with one of the models boasting of a 10-point touchscreen for fingertip control. The computers run on Intel or AMD processors with built in speakers and Dolby Digital Plus home theatre for incredible sound. Access the Acer Games portal to enjoy the preloaded games.
- Aspire V7 – even thinner than the V5, the notebooks in this series are perfect for carrying. You can also choose from a myriad of chassis colours to suit your personality. Other features include Full HD display, SSD storage, Acer Theft Shield, Intel processor, Dolby Digital Plus home theatre, Built in speakers and Wireless Display for viewing your content on your Television.
- Aspire E1 – if you are after superior productivity, you should definitely check out this series. The laptop guarantees speedy browsing, playing videos and communicating thanks to the Intel or AMD processor. They come with Windows 8 operating system, a large hard drive, built in DVD player, full HD display, NVIDIA graphics and M-DISC Ready Drive.
- Aspire P3 – this series boasts of detachable tablets and keyboards with Intel Core processor, Windows 8 operating system, HDMI capability, HD Dsiplay, Dolby Home Theatre and a load of pre-installed applications. They also feature 5MP rear camera and front facing cam.
- Aspire R7 – boasting of the trademark Ezel hinge, the notebooks can be easily converted into four modes using a single hand. They also come with Full HD display, Dolby Digital Plus, Acer Touch Tools, AccuFinger and Acer Active Pen and MemoryBinder.
The Acer Aspire is indeed a collection of impressive notebooks with equality impressive specifications including Full HD 1080p touch display, NVIDIA and hybrid hard drives. They are also, surprisingly, reasonably priced considering the stunning build quality, sharp screen and quiet operation.
Come clunkiness can be observed in some of the models particularly involving the touchpads and the keyboard. Battery life does not last as long as users would want them to. There are also some users who find the design a bit bland and simplistic.
Brands/Series for Laptops
- Acer Aspire
- Lenovo Ideapad
- TOSHIBA Satellite
- SONY Vaio
- HP Pavilion
- Dell Inspiron
- ASUS Transformer Book
- Lenovo Thinkpad
- ASUS Eee PC
- Dell Alienware
- MacBook Pro
- NEO Basic
- HP Presario
- ASUS ROG
- Acer TravelMate
- ASUS VivoBook
- HP Envy
- MacBook Air
- Lenovo Essential
- ASUS ZENBOOK
- FUJITSU LifeBook
- TOSHIBA Portege
- Dell Vostro
- NEO Elan
- TOSHIBA Qosmio
- Dell latitude
- HP Folio
- NEO Vivid
- ASUS TAICHI
- Dell precision
- NEO Edge
- SUZUKI Neutron
- Acer Ferrari
- Acer Iconia
- Dell Studio
- HP TouchSmart
- Dell Adamo
- TOSHIBA Libretto