Nintendo Wii Game Consoles Price List in Philippines February 2017
Latest Reviews for Nintendo Wii
[Good] Makes you lose weight ! the games are fun to play with a lot of people such as wii sports and wii sports resort the Wii remote is very easy and safe to use because of the added strap and ...Read more
- Rating : 3.8
- Review by Charles carillo
- Date : Jul 12, 2016
[Good] it's good for 4 players in any game you play on wii, no violent games the nintendo doesn't allowed them because kids will learn bad things a game like Grand theft auto killing people... ...Read more
- Rating : 4.8
- Review by Ojie Honrado Jr.
- Date : Jan 9, 2015
Latest Topics for Nintendo Wii
About Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii brings gaming, like you have never experienced before
The Nintendo Wii is a video game console with its USP being touch sensitive controllers that can be used to get immersive video gaming experience. The first device launched on November 19, 2006 as a seventh-generation console, and was in competition with Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360. By December 2009, this company reported to have sold as a many as 101 million units across the world, including the Philippines, where a large fan base resides. The year 2011 saw the release of “Wii Family Edition” that offered minor upgrades over the base version and a number of controllers for an entire family.
Features of Nintendo Wii
- The Wii measures 6x8.5x1.75 inches in dimensions and weighs 2.65 pounds. There is WiFi connectivity, Multiplayer voice chat and WiFi encryption.
- It comes with wired/wireless controllers that use AA batteries and make use of Bluetooth technology for wireless connectivity. Other peripherals include Racing wheel, Arcade stick, Headset, microphone, etc.
- It is powered by 729 MHz CPU and 243 MHz GPU alongside 88 MB of System RAM. There is also an SD (SDHC) memory card support along with 512 MB of drive capacity.
- This device supports RCA stereo audio format and 576i, 480p, 480i video format. Its Power adapter is external. You can buy this model in Philippines in Red, White and Black colors.
- The late 2011 version offers almost similar configuration with minor tweaks here and there. You can avail it in colors such as Black, White and Blue.
Reasons for popularity in the Philippines
The country is slowly becoming a hub for all things that are related to gaming. While there may be casual gamers who like to play on weekends or in their free time, there are many who are actively pursuing gaming as a passion and not just a past time. The Wii brought a revolution in how people experience video games by immersing them and letting them take full control of the movement of characters in this game. With Nintendo’s aggressive marketing strategy spanning across the globe, it was only a matter of time till the Nintendo Wii gained massive popularity in the Philippines.
Why Nintendo Wii is different from others?
Nintendo Wii gaming console earns its mettle within the shores of Philippines by being completely different from its competitors. Whereas the Xbox 360 and PS3 offered high-graphics, resource intensive games, the Wii brought to people games with cartoon-like graphics,but with high replay value thanks to its motion control sensor. Each person grabs hold of two controllers in both their hands and makes a motion as their game of choice wants them to, the success or defeat depends on the accuracy of the motions as well as precise timing on which it is executed. There are plenty of amazing games like Call of Duty 3, Dragon Ball Z, Barnyard, Mario Bros series, etc. that offer impressive gaming experience, which was thought to be only imaginary before the launch of the Nintendo Wii.
The desire for visually impressive and action filled games will always be there, which is why the Xbox 360 and PS3 remain the unbeaten choice of gamers in the Philippines. But, if you want a completely new experience along with your entire family, then Nintendo Wii is just what you need to have a gala time.