Latest reviews in the Digital Cameras
Outwardly, the Canon EOS 600D / Rebel T3i is virtually identical its predecessor, with a few tweaks to accomodate the new vari-angle LCD screen. It is a fairly small camera with a largely plastic ...Read more reviews
- Rating : 4.8
- Reviewed by : Haziane Palermo
- Date : Mar 6, 2014
Nice shot,thats what canon power shot did all my photos..High optical zooming and excellent shooting quality.Its really cool using my canon camera,I like the auto-scene,no need to adjust the mode , ...Read more reviews
- Rating : 4.8
- Reviewed by : Cresencio Belen
- Date : Mar 5, 2014
In terms of quality i can say better to buy canon camera for the good shot,,but this canon eos 100D is a basic one,although you can take a good picture but the thing is the property of this cam is ...Read more reviews
- Rating : 4.4
- Reviewed by : Gobby.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date : Mar 3, 2014
My powershot sx120 poped up "Card Locked" on the display and the card locked so I cannot take pictures...how do I get this error off from my display?
- Last updated : Mar 3, 2014
- Posted by Alaine33g
- Replies of This topic : 1 Replies
This canon eos 60D is a good camera ,but for the beginner like me i had lots of things to do to make some adjustment in my cam,especially if i want a good scene,how can i do that?could anyone please tell me whats the best thing to do?Thanks alot
- Last updated : Mar 3, 2014
- Posted by LuCkyU
- Replies of This topic : 2 Replies
Considered to be one of the largest Japanese manufacturers of optical and imaging products, Canon has made its name synonymous to high quality cameras. The multinational corporation is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
With an original name of Precision Optical Industry, Co. Ltd, the company’s present name was actually derived from Japan’s very first 35mm camera prototype, the Kwanon, which was first produced in 1934. By 1947, the company has decided to change its name to Canon Camera Inc and eventually in 1969 shortened to Canon, Inc.
Initially, the company obtained its camera optical glasses from Nikkor (otherwise known today as Nikon Corporation) as it did not possess the facility and technology to produce its own. But it was proud of its accomplishments including developing the first indirect X-ray camera, field zoom lens for television broadcasting and first movie camera with zoom lens called the Reflex Zoom 8. Canon also introduced its single lens reflex or SLR in 1965 which is still quite popular until today. Of course, with the evolution of technology, more innovative Canon cameras were eventually introduced including the following:
- Canon AE-1, which was the first camera to have an imbedded micro-computer
- EOS 650 – an autofocus camera
- EOS RT – world’s first AF SLR with fixed, semi transparent pellicle mirror
- EOS 5 – first camera with eye controlled AF
- Powershot – the company’s first digital camera
- EF 75-300mm – first commercially available SLR lens with internal image stabilization
- EOS 1N RS –world’s fastest AF SLR with continuous shooting speed of 10 frame/s at a time
Throughout its existence, Canon never failed to impress consumers with cameras which can only be described as works of art. We certainly expect a lot more from this company as it continues to revolutionize the industry.
Popularity in the Philippines
Canon cameras continue to be among the favorite especially as they are consistent in delivering high quality photo images. They offer a wide array of choices under different collections. From amateurs to professionals, Canon has got something which truly fits your needs and most especially budget. To help you make the right choice, here is a brief description of their collection.
- EOS Series: for the true photography fanatic. This collection boasts of an impressive selection of cameras for beginners, advanced amateurs and professionals. Accessories to complement various photographic situations are also available.
- IXUS Series: compact and stylish. True modern-day cameras which prides themselves for their functionality and affordable prices
- PowerShot Series: as its name implies, this collection features cameras that are conveniently compact but powerful enough to deliver photographic excellence.
- EOS M Series: definitely not your ordinary digital camera as it can capture superb full HD video with its APS-C sized sensor. Cameras under this collection are also compatible with the various EF lenses for limitless creativity.
Canon cameras are sold all over the country in various stores. It would not be hard to find these cameras as most major mall appliance chains carry them as well as your ordinary hobby and gadget stores. For those interested, you can always shop and compare prices as they could vary from store to store. There are also online stores which offer them and you can opt to pay for them using your credit card.
What is great about Canon is that they offer excellent customer care support particularly repair services. Each Canon camera also comes with an E-warranty which can be registered via SMS or text messaging. You can even monitor the status of any repair service online by simply providing the product serial number and the reference number.Canon can be contacted thru its website at http://www.canon.com.ph/, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
2013 was indeed a great year for the manufacturing giant as it was able to introduce into the market new camera models and series. Among the highlights of the year includes the Canon Powershot A series and its first 50x zoom Powershot SX50 HS. The company is also looking into incorporating a 100x zoom soon on its future Powershot cameras, breaking the current 60x zoom record. Also, in a Reuters report, Canon is projected to be one of the three camera brands which are likely to stay on top of the industry. The other two are Sony and Nikon.